As an Independent International Educational Consultant, Sandy has presented on a variety of topics in the United States and world wide. Below is a list of the most recent presentations. Examples of workshop and presentation topics include self-advocacy skills for students with special needs, study and cognitive strategies for students, tips for transitioning to a new country and/or a new school.
• Why Take a Gap Year?
• A Gap Year Overview and Perspective From: Parents, Students, Universities and Programs
• Gap Year for Students Transitioning from Therapeutic Placement Programs
Do You Have a Student Who is Ready to Spread Their Wings? Finding Summer & Gap Programs That are a Great Fit
More and more kids are looking for meaningful and offbeat ways to spend their time before college. Regardless of personality or credentials-introverted or extraverted, straight As or struggling-every student can benefit from summer or gap programs. But where do you begin when trying to find the right match for each unique student?
• Choosing a UK Degree: The Why & How
•Succeeding at University in the UK- Presented with Alexander Craid, University College London; Catherine Eames, Imperial College London
The UCAS Application’s Greatest Challent: The Personal Statement and The Referree Statement
Writing a Personal Statement for a university in the United Kingdom versus the US differs greatly from the USA’s Common Application. One of the greatest challenges with UCAS is the student must respond to ‘why this course?’ along with a few other nuts and bolts to stand out. The ‘Referee’/Reference statement is new to the US mindset. As interest in the UK Higher Education system increases, it is important that students and advisers have the groundwork for these two challenging pieces of the application
IECA Summer Training Institute, Claremont, California:
• International Counseling: US Students Abroad, International Students to the US Transitioning Students with Learning Issues to College
• International Student Advising
Students with Learning and Emotional Issues
• Students in Crisis in the US and Abroad, Students with Specific Learning Issues: Kids in Crisis, Families in Need
• Children & Adolescents Who Struggle Overseas: What are the Options (with Rebecca Grappo RNG Consultants)
• Transitioning Students with Learning Issues to University
• Why Boarding School?
• The Boarding School Journey: Choosing the Right School/The Right Fit
Teen Transition: Mapping a High School Plan and Beyond
How does a student plan successfully beyond Middle School and think artfully with as little stress as possible about post secondary options?
October is everything month… October is, of course, Halloween and everything is supposed to be
Yes, it is College Application Season… but, as I have written in the past, a
Students in high school often wonder if they should craft a resume for university. The